When you think about the mountains, the first activity that you think about is trekking. Anytime you decide to visit a mountainous area, going for a trek is a must. There is no place other than the top of a hill or a mountain, where you can get a view to die for. But, going for a trek is a considerably strenuous activity that requires a good amount of stamina and strength. The effort can quite literally knock the wind out of anyone who doesn’t have a knack for physical activity. So, does that mean you’re going to miss out on those picturesque views? Definitely not! Here are some of the greatest and easiest treks in India that you can enjoy when you book your USA to India flight. The easy accessibility of these places from Delhi will make it much more convenient for you to visit.
- Triund Trek: Located near Dharamshala, in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh in India, the Triund trek is probably one of the easiest Himalayan trekking routes you can explore. Requiring just one day for completion, the trek is also convenient if you are short on time. It is pretty easy to get here when you take a flight to New Delhi. Once you reach the top, you get to take in the beauty of the beautiful Kangra valley and the snow-clad Dhauladhar range that surrounds you. It is especially perfect for first-timers as it is very hassle-free and offers easy accessibility. As a bonus, you can also explore the small town of McLeodganj, which falls on your way.
- Nag Tibba Trek: If you are looking to explore a path less trodden, then the Nag Tibba Trek near Mussoorie, Uttarakhand awaits you in all its glory. It is located comparatively closer to Delhi and offers you some of the most stunning views of the snow-capped peaks of the Himalayas surrounding the area. As this trail is among the less explored ones, you won’t have to worry about encountering herds of people on your way. The trek is quite easy to complete even if it is your first time, and you can enjoy the beautiful flora and fauna along your way. Lying in close proximity to Mussoorie and Dehradun, this trek also allows you to explore these beautiful towns when you visit.
- Deo Tibba Base Camp: Offering some of the most beautiful views of the peaks of Himachal Pradesh and an extremely diverse range of flora and fauna, this trek is a must for everyone visiting India. The place has easy access and most tourists flying to Delhi can easily visit. The moderate gradient of the trek means that it is an easy trek to complete for most beginners as well. One of the main highlights of the trek are the glaciers of the Jagatsukh. The Deo Tibba trek is a must for everyone and you need to put it on the itinerary, if you haven’t already.
- Bhrigu Lake Trek: If mountains are your true calling then this is the best trekking route for you. Steeped in both natural beauty and local legends, this stunning trek to the Bhrigu Lake is not to be missed at any cost. Believed to be the meditation spot of Maharishi Bhrigu, this trek is located 20 km north of Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Surrounded by meadows, wildflowers, and lush green grassland, this trek also offers beautiful views of the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar range. This trek is slightly higher on the difficulty scale and takes about four days. However, the beauty that it offers is worth all that, and you must include it on your itinerary when you book your USA to India flight.
- Hampta Pass Trek: Located in the Spiti Valley, the Hampta Pass Trek is easily accessible when you come to Delhi, India. The beautiful landscapes that you will encounter this trek are picture perfect. There is much to be experienced on this trek like stream crossing technique, walking on snow bridges, and much more. The pass has a myriad of scenery to offer and the varying degrees of challenges make it an adventurous trek. So, if you’re wondering, how should I get here when I book my flight to New Delhi? You can leave all your worries as the place is easily accessible via road and air.
Your next trip to India should just as much be about nature as it is about the culture. India offers an incredible geographical diversity, and going on one of these treks is a great way to see more. The beauty of the mountains and the calmness reflected from Mother Nature will add immensely to your travel experience. Whether you have been on a trek before or not, you will always have a good option for you to explore. So, pack your trekking gear and head to the mountains where some of the most wondrous views are waiting for you.